SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
Scoil Mháirtín are mindful of the importance of Physical Education and that all of our children are unique and have many different interests and talents. Therefore, throughout the year the children are exposed to a wide range of extra-curricular activities which cater for all children and promote inclusivity!
- School sports teams participate in Sciath na Scoil Gaelic football, hurling, and camogie competitions each year as well as many soccer tournaments.
- Each year a selection of classes get the opportunity to attend swimming lessons in Fermoy and children also participate in various swimming galas and aquathalons!
- One of the highlights of the year is our wonderful sports and fun day. We have various outside coaches who attend, and there is a huge effort put into the day from all the staff, not to mention the wonderful treats they receive from the parent’s council!
- The school avails of the services of coaches from different sporting areas who visit the school such as: football, hurling, dance, golf, athletics, fitness, spikeball etc.
- We take part in local nature walks which include to the woods and the castle.
- In our classrooms as well as teaching the P.E. curriculum, we are using go noodle brain breaks and movement breaks throughout the day.
- We participate in the Cork City Sports each year which is a huge undertaking from trials and then the organisation of the day itself. Children who have participated have thoroughly enjoyed it in the past and it is also a great honour to represent their school at County level.